A blog focused on worship, pedals, lead guitar, and glorifying the King. I hope it edifies you in all things.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Welcome, Pedalheads

So,

You like pedals? Good. So do I. You also like to worship our Creator with your use of pedals? Me too! I'm glad we have these things in common.


I have to imagine the reason you graced my blog was to learn a few things about pedals, electric guitar, and how it all relates to worship music. Before I do this, however, I must give you a few warnings:

1) Jesus saved me. Thus I live to worship him in every way possible. I am a Christian and this blog will reflect that.

2) I use overdrive pedals. I have three of them. Being in a church that plays many diverse styles, I need a lot of flexibility in that department.

3) I am not against using the cheap pedals to get the job done. If I only use tremolo on Bethel's "This is Amazing Grace", then all I need, frankly, is a $20 Behringer/Danelectro pedal.

4) I don't really care for the playing styles of The Edge, Jonny Buckland, Nigel Hendroff, etc. I look for inspirations within the realms of metal/grunge music. I'm also a big fan of the minimalistic styles of indie guitarists. I feel like the guitarists of Phinehas, Arcade Fire, Sufjan Stevens, and Wolves at the Gate have it right. Thus, I will suggest bands such as these for lyrical and musical inspiration.

5) Lastly, I am a flawed creature saved by God's grace through Jesus' gift on the cross. Sometimes I will post things that come across as arrogant, trivial, and just plain false. Because of this, I would greatly appreciate the advice of other guitarists and musicians (keep it clean and nice). I have my opinions and my thoughts. What I post here is NOT fact. I entirely base what I post on my experiences.

Thanks, y'all!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this blog! I look forward to reading future entries.

    ReplyDelete