A blog focused on worship, pedals, lead guitar, and glorifying the King. I hope it edifies you in all things.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Unrelated Poem #1: To Know You

During class today I was flipping through an old notebook and caught this poem I wrote years back. It's nothing special, but I would appreciate the read. 


We are the champions

But not of the fight

We have a spring in our step

And in that delight

We don't push

We don't shove

But instead

We show love

 

As our time on earth fades

We'll be fine with our fate

We will praise You in Heaven

The place O so great

 

The place of affection for our Heav'nly King

And there, there forever our praises will ring

 

With a ding, and a dong of the so high church bell

We will love You forever, safe out of Hell

 

With a "Lord please forgive me, my life's wholly Yours."

Ascending to Heaven, with beauty galore

 

Life is but time

Time is but dust

Lord, in You

I surely do trust

1 comment:

  1. Your heart for Christ is a beautiful thing to read.

    ReplyDelete